Grade: A – highly recommend
I’ve been eating at Neato Burrito for over 15 years (so they must be doing something right). The Harrisburg location is the 2nd location of theirs I ate at (first visit here in 2005). After a long day of shopping, what better way than stuffing your face with a burrito? Plus, the burrito is so big you can claim it as a dependent on your taxes! Ok, not really. Don’t do that. The IRS is not known for their sense of humor…
Anyway, back to Neato Burrito. Moe’s, Chipotle (while all each delicious) are similar in the gist of what Neato provides, Neato is the original. Let’s make that clear. Right now. Everyone wants to be Neato. And you’re not a true Pennsylvanian until you’ve tried Neato Burrito. 🙂
Of all the years I have eaten there, I have only ever tried 2 burritos. Up until last year, all I ever ordered was the Cowboy Crunch. A coworker ordered the Gringo Authentico one day and suggested I try his meat (hey, mind out of the gutter…) and mmm it was amazing! So on Fridays I order the Gringo Authentico.
If you’re not familiar with Neato, they have burrito specials each day. Here they are. Or just go to their page.
- MONDAY – For Those About to Rock, We Cilantro!
- cilantro-lime rice, black beans, cheese, and sweet BBQ chicken, drizzled with a cilantro pesto sauce
- TUESDAY – Blackened Burrito
- blackened chicken served with dirty rice, black beans, Monterey jack cheese, wrapped in a flour tortilla, recommended with our special, jalapeno feta ($1 extra)
- WEDNESDAY – Roasted Pepper Pesto
- roasted poblano pepper pesto, dirty rice, black beans and cheese with your choice of chicken, cajun chicken, beef or vegetarian
- THURSDAY – Chicken in a Thai
- chicken marinated in a spicy peanut sauce served with a flour tortilla, whole grain brown rice, black beans, Monterey jack cheese covered with a roasted banana & macadamia nut salsa
- FRIDAY – Gringo Authentico
- sweet lime juice and chipotle pepper marinated flank steak served with cilantro rice and a smoky sweet salsa with moderate heat.
- EVERYDAY – Cowboy Crunch
- cajun chicken or beef, crushed nacho chips, bbq rice, refried beans smothered in a ranch dressing wrapped in a flour tortilla
And they have regular menu items. You can build your own. You can choose your tortilla (or get it in a bowl!). So many varieties. The best thing about getting a burrito in a bowl is that it’s a quality plastic container – so my cabinet is full of containers from Neato!
Restaurant Information (if you see anything incorrect, let me know and I’ll promptly fix it!)
- Address: 3370 Paxton Street / Harrisburg, PA 17111 (Scottsdale plaza)
- Phone: (717) 564-7875
- Mon-Sat – 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sun – 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Site: www.neatoburrito.com
- Facebook Page:
- Menu: Burritos / Specials / Salsas
- Takes Reservations: no
- Delivery: never asked
- Take-out: yes
- Payment Method: credit/debit cards and good old American cash
- Good For: Lunch, Dinner
- Parking: it’s in a shopping plaza, parking lot attached
- Appropriate for Children: don’t recall seeing a kid’s menu, but give your kid half because these burritos are built for two!
- Good for Groups: if you don’t mind sitting at separate tables
- Attire: casual
- Noise Level: quiet
- Alcohol: no
- Outdoor Seating: if you want to sit in your car to finish your burrito because you’re too embarrassed to let the public know you actually have the ability to finish a burrito in one meal
- Wi-Fi: possibly – try it and see
- Televisions: who needs tvs when you have a burrito?
- Waiter Service: no, order at counter
- Catering Available: didn’t ask!